The Pros Of Invisalign

Did you know that only 35% of adults naturally have well-aligned teeth? If you are one of the remaining 65%, you may be curious Invisalign and its benefits. To begin with, Invisalign is a clear set of hard plastic aligners that are specifically designed to fit your mouth. Over the course of time, these orthodontic devices work to align your teeth into proper position, thereby giving you a perfect and straight smile.

Pros of Invisalign

Invisalign has been rapidly popularizing as an alternative to braces, especially among teens and adults, owing to the range of benefits that they bring along. Let’s take a look at 5 impressive features that make these aligners a favorite of many.

1. Comfortable

Due to the absence of brackets and wires, Invisalign are a more physically comfortable option to wear. Having metal constantly rub against the side of your mouth can result in discomfort, irritation, and even open sores. With Invisalign, however, you no longer have to worry about the discomfort or risk getting any painful cuts or nicks in your mouth. Their smooth nature will eliminate any irritation, allowing you an overall comfortable teeth-straightening experience.

2. Practically Invisible

This is perhaps the number one reason why so many people turn towards Invisalign as opposed to conventional braces. You no longer have to worry about being embarrassed for wearing braces at the age of 38, or snarky comments from your school bullies. Plus, you can also smile as wide for pictures without having to show a mouth full of metal, which, let’s be honest, is not the most appealing sight.

3. Removable

Unlike braces, Invisalign can be removed for brushing your teeth, eating, and flossing. This allows you to enjoy all your favorite foods and at the same time maintain an optimum oral hygiene, which in turn, helps lower your risk of developing gum disease while you go through the process of beautifying your teeth.

4. Low Maintenance

Invisalign aligners call for little to no maintenance. In the long term, they do tend to get dingy but you can easily freshen them up at home with a quick DIY involving a toothbrush dipped in a small quantity of water and bleach. All you need to do is scrub the dental device with this solution for about a minute, and you will be good to go. For optimum results, do it every other day.

5. Safer

Metal braces not only lead to more emergencies from a broken bracket or a stabbing wire, but they have also been believed to release toxins in the mouth. Invisalign acts as a safer alternative to the entire controversial issue since they are BPA-free plastic lines, free of any dangerous toxins.

These are just some of the many reasons why an increasing number of candidates are opting for Invisalign as their preferred option. While it may not work for everyone, this orthodontic aligner sure has its notable perks.

Request an Appointment
%d bloggers like this: